Friday, March 1, 2013

Horns and Hair

 I am finally meeting with my friends this weekend to continue our Dungeons and Dragons game we started. I mean, it never ends pretty much but we have only been able to play twice in a year so we're all very excited! I am a Tiefling (as I said in my previous post) hunter. We updated my character a bit so now I have this awesome Displacer Beast pet and some new skills ^_^
 I wanted to dress up so I made some horns from Model Magic. Everyone keeps raving about it so I thought I'd give it a try. I am very happy with the results. Not too bad for my first time making horns or even working with MM. The base is just a bunch of tinfoil and then I molded the MM around it. I then used a little metal walnut sheller to carve all the details (we cosplayers are very resourceful!). I allowed them to dry all night and they seem completely done this morning. They never get hard like polymer clay but they are pretty sturdy. Another awesome thing about this stuff is it's super light so even though these horns are pretty big they don't feel heavy or flop around. I poked holes in them this morning and threaded leather cord through it. I LOVE how it looks with my hair. So happy with them. I'm going to look badass tonight lol



For my hair I had to bleach it once on my own then the hair dresser bleached it, put toner on it, and cut it. Then my mom and I dyed it red but it didn't take that much the first time so I re-dyed it last night and left it on for 3-4 hours and now it's prefect. I hope it stays this color at least for a month because this is exactly what I was going for. My lovely Grell hair :3




 I have finished all my Etsy orders so far and so I can start working on cosplay now. I think I will make my Bassy doll for my Grell cosplay next. I need to figure out a starting point for my other cosplays. I need to make a body suit for Maya from Borderlands, the metal/LED glove for Ezreal from League of Legends, my steampunk dress, and Hunter's Zed from Borderlands cosplay. So I just need to pick one and start.
 I will take some more full body pictures when I have someone to help me and then I'll take some pictures of our D&D awesomeness tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment