Monday, November 7, 2011

Anime con sewing projects

I try to make all of my costumes whenever possible since it's usually cheaper and much more satisfying that buying a premade one. I only had time to make one new costume for Nekocon this past weekend in Virginia. It was a very small con and if it hadn't been for the people I hung out with it would have been quite a let down. It was only about a third of the size of AZ and not many people brought more than one cosplay so we saw the same people over and over instead of a constant stream of new costumes. It also would have been a lot more fun if I had not been sick and up to my ears in homework but that couldn't be helped. I was very pleased with how my Rin from Blue Exorcist turned out. I was able to find a handful of other people cosplaying from the same show so that made it even more fun. I spent about 7 hours sewing my characters familiar in the show, a cat named Kuro (Blacky). I LOVE how well she turned out even if it did take a lot of work and I got a lot of compliments on my tail (made by me), cosplay, and how well my Kuro turned out. Over all a pretty good weekend I'm just exhausted from all the walking and lack of sleep. Hopefully I'll be able to get a group together for Katsucon in February so I'm going to have to start working on a new cosplay for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment