Thursday, November 4, 2010

Vegan Mofo Day 3

I have another healthy tasty breakfast idea for my readers this morning. I love oatmeal and it's even better now that the weather is actually staying cold.

1 c almond milk
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 banana
craisins/raisins TT
Cinnamon TT
Raw assorted nuts, chopped

~ Add almond milk to a sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
~ Add oats, raisins, and craisins. I like adding them now so that they plump up a bit.
~ After oats have cooked for a while and the milk has reduced, add the cinnamon.
~ While the oats finish cooking, place a peeled ripe banana in a bowl and mash with a fork.
~ Add cooked oats to the bowl, stir. Then add the mixed nuts and stir. Enjoy!
~ On days after I work out I like to add some vegan protein to this as well

I have had to work several late nights but tonight I will be done early and can actually make a dinner post as well :) Sorry for the lack of pretty pictures but it still tastes wonderful so I don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment